Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Rain

They say Summer ends today. I say it ended on Friday night when the first rain hit SF. So, while commuters were sacrificing their weekend getaway plans to slick roads and fender-benders, I scrambled to the top of Twin Peaks to watch the clouds roll in. I figured I had time before heading out to Hoa's b-day party.


I had never seen SF under this kind of lighting. Here are some decent shots from the phone (brushed up with Picassa).

Looking down into Diamond Heights

Looking southwest

My favorite part of the run. Coming down the mountain, crossing the ped bridge over Portola.

Looking up the hill from the ped bridge.

From the spiral ramp on the east end of the ped bridge.

Out with the old, in with the new. Muni is replacing their diesel buses with Hybrids.

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mfleet/hybrids.htm

Looking across Portola up into Diamond Heights.

No comments: