Saturday, July 14, 2007

Todd's wedding

I just returned from a wedding in LA. My best friend growing up is now a husband to his girlfriend of 6 years (or 7?). Todd is solid, devoted, introverted, clever, and funny. Amy is solid, devoted, completely extroverted, clever, and freakin hilarious. They are perfect for eachother.

The ceremony was, in a word, memorable. Beautiful, check. Cheery and lighthearted, check. Perfect weather, check. A good Pastor with a meaningful surmon, check. Rings, check. Audio... audio?. Every DJ problem, background noise problem, and music glitch that could have occured, occured. In fact, they occured with the kind of randomness that could never be choreographed, and the kind of consistency that would make a choreographer jealous. Friday the 13th, right?

Amy took it all in stride, however, sometimes breaking into complete laughter. Todd's a lucky man.

Partied into the wee hours with some guys I haven't seen in way too long. Guys I went to highschool with, marched alongside in the band, and in some cases, earned cub-scout achievement awards with. That's when the fun started.

Cory blew my mind describing where he is going with his work. I don't know many oil painters; my frame of reference (no pun intended) is small. I do know, however, what draws me in. Corey's stuff draws me in. http://www.coreypeters.com/.

Gabe astounded me with his grasp of history and, in conjunction, what he has done with his teenage hobby. http://www.ancientresource.com/index.html.

Of, course, Todd continues to establish himself in the ranks of elite southern california photographers. He and a few colleagues left the premier photo firm in LA last year and went out on their own, quickly and methodically building their client list. His name draws more google hits than Paris Hilton: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=todd+wawrychuk

These are three people to watch in LA (or in Corey's case, from LA) over the next couple of decades. Moreover, they are three of the coolest dudes I know.

Other than that, spent some quality time with the parents, sisters, niece, and grandparents. Big changes on the Browning family 5-year horizon. More on that later.

No comments: